By United States Tennis Association
As a trainer, your good fortune relies on the luck of your avid gamers. In training Tennis effectively, the USA Tennis organization (USTA) combines the services of profitable coaches with the event of USTA gamers to serve up a complete advisor that guarantees your good fortune. they provide particular educating advice and mentoring techniques for coping with a successful tennis program.
Read Online or Download Coaching Tennis Successfully PDF
Best coaching books
Booklet by means of George Karl
Cutting edge Vorhaben und Projekte erfordern eine spezielle Führung. Das neue Führungsverhalten muß individuell entwickelt werden. In diesem Buch wird die Supervisions- und Coaching-Methode praxisnah dargestellt und ihre Anwendungsmöglichkeiten in Unternehmen erörtert. Anhand konkreter Fallbeispiele wird die Wichtigkeit des Zusammenspiels zwischen staff, Projektleitung und Führungskräften verdeutlicht.
A source for basketball coaches, this paintings presents an summary of training either offensive and shielding basics in basketball. It describes technical and tactical abilities with how you can support coaches observe the suggestions in particular video game events. It. Covers different key parts of training together with season and perform making plans.
Activities nutrients: From Lab to Kitchen is written through leaders within the box who speak about the newest technological know-how and translate the medical findings right into a useful message. This ebook bridges the distance among technological know-how and perform
- Teaching soccer fundamentals
- Coaching Confidential: Inside the Fraternity of NFL Coaches
- The Softball Coaching Bible
- Basketball (Great Athletes)
Extra info for Coaching Tennis Successfully
Manage Mistakes From the first day of practice, your players need to learn the appropriate response to their mistakes. " This is a place where they can experiment with different shots, test those shots in different situations against various types of opponents, and measure their consistency in performance. Sometimes it is helpful to distinguish between mistakes and errors. An error on the tennis court may be a lapse in judgment during which a player tries a shot that has little chance for success.
3. Program players (nonvarsity) who bring enthusiasm at practice and match support. Your challenge is to blend these different groups of players into a cohesive unit in which each player contributes in his own way. How you involve each group in your program determines your chances for success. If your team includes players with tournament experience, they will probably occupy the top slots in your lineup. Some high school coaches allow these tournament players to work exclusively with their teaching pros, interacting with the team only on the day of a match.
A simple yet powerful short-term goal for high school players is developing a specific game plan for each match they play, writing it down, and with your help evaluating its effectiveness after the match. Now Goals Now goals are used by every player every day at practice and should be personally evaluated at the end of each practice. At least half of the now goals should be worded in terms that make them easy to measure, such as 80 percent of ground strokes cross court or 100 percent effort and concentration during drills.